CSCI is seeking a well-qualified and self-motivated Cybersecurity Systems Engineer with 4-6 years of experience in Springfield, Virginia. The candidate must have five (5) years’ experience in analyzing and securing DoD or Information Technology systems for compliance with specifications, requirements and policies and at least two (2) of the five (5) years of engineering experience on Combat Weapons Systems experience in Aegis, SSDS, or Zumwalt combat systems. The candidate is expected to maintain integrity, availability, and confidentiality requirements by adhering to configuration management processes and should provide evidence of extensive subject matter expertise in the form of significant industry certifications and related experience.
- Author DoD IA Assessment and Accreditation artifacts.
- Document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Visio and other appropriate tools.
- Derive, document and/or identify system CONOPS for Mission Assurance Categorization per DoDI 8500.2.
- Research and recommend logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be certified and accredited.
- Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NSA recommendations.
- Identify disagreements between as built specifications, security requirements and DoD security policies and recommend approaches to bring the system into compliance.
- Author and revise system requirements and specifications to meet DoD security policies.
- Perform vulnerability tests as Red Team and Blue Team using manual techniques, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and other similar and appropriate IA and security tools.
Plan, execute and document risk assessments against known vulnerabilities based upon security approaches and known hacker techniques and exploits.
- Identify and perform security analysis of connectivity relationships between the subject US Naval warfare system and the equipment to which it interfaces, both physically and virtually.
- Lead and perform as Information Assurance Officer to be focal point for all security matters related to specific sets of information systems.
- Define an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Plan.
Five (5) years of experience in analyzing and securing DoD or Information Technology systems for compliance with specifications, requirements and policies and at least two (2) of the five (5) years of engineering experience on Combat Weapons Systems experience in Aegis, SSDS, or Zumwalt combat systems.
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or related discipline.
DoD 8570 Compliance. Security+, and CCNA required. CCNP, CCDP, CCDA, Network +, and/or MSCE desired.
Requirements - US Citizen / Top Secret Clearance
Applicants are required to have, at a minimum, a TOP SECRET (TS) clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last five years. Applicants selected must be willing to submit to an initial and random counter-intelligence polygraph.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CSCI stands in support of equality for and advancement of all people based solely upon the merits of abilities and actions alone, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.