As one of the contributing team members, the Information Technology Requirement Support Officer primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
In support of the IT RO — Resources and Requirements
- Fully understand and lead the development of requirements and resourcing (and associated documents/briefings) for the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), Requirements and Resources Review Board, Navy Capabilities Board, and other DON and DoD processes, reviews, and actions as they relate to program activities.
- On behalf or in support of the Branch Head and the IT RO, liaison with external activities to ensure requirements are developed to support warfighting and administrative needs, documented accurately, and sufficiently funded.
- Liaison with fleet representatives, Chief Information Officer (CIO), Intelligence Community (IC), warfare sponsors, Systems Commands (SYSCOMs), and requirements officers to validate and synchronize requirements spanning multiple sponsors and stakeholders.
- Take primary action to manage the development of SAP document preparation necessary for all review and liaison activities.
- Develop innovative opportunities for collaboration across the DoD and DON SAP and non-SAP enterprises to leverage Information Technology and Digital Warfare activities.
- Execute defense acquisition system management processes and requisite documentation per governing directives and statutes for major program milestone activities and decision reviews.
- Implement requirements and oversee programs through all phases of the Navy Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) System and POM process.
- Provide input and expertise to Navy and Joint/DoD studies and analysis for Information Technology and Digital Warfare SAPs.
- Staff and prepare branch memorandums, letters, briefs, and other correspondence for principal review and approval.
- Knowledge of SAP enterprise administrative Information Technology networks, SAP warfighting networks, modeling, simulation, and analysis networks, operational Battle Management Aids, and other multi-level security systems across DON and the DoD to leverage investments and technologies, coordinate efforts, and avoid duplication of efforts.
In support of the IT RO — Program Oversight
- Thoroughly analyze and provide recommendations to senior leadership to support recurring oversight functions for the Information Technology and Digital Warfare related SAP portfolio, including all acquisition milestones, annual program reviews, funding execution assessment, and technology readiness level progression.
- Perform detailed analysis of program health to evaluate SAP in terms of cost, schedule, performance, and security structure.
- Support DoD and Congressional oversight (e.g., DoDIG, GAO, etc.) of programs in the Information Technology and Digital Warfare SAP portfolio.
- Review all Information Technology and Digital Warfare related programs and organizational activities to ensure compliance with governing directives and statutes.
- Serve as the programmatic Subject Matter Expert supporting periodic DON and DoD oversight reviews.
- Review all DON SAP Information Technology and Digital Warfare Annual Reports and budget exhibit submissions to Congress as defense committee briefings for accuracy and currency.
In support of the Information Technology (IT) Requirements Officer (RO) — Execute SAP Security.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert and advisor in reviewing and updating DON SAP Security Classification Guides and other lifecycle documents.
- Identify the need for and initiate MOAs/MOUs by DON SAPCO policy for assigned programs.
- Identify individuals with a need to know for SAP access in the OPNAV and Secretariat staff and other organizations; coordinate and build access management plans and conduct indoctrination briefs.
- Conduct program access verification requests for DON SAPCO meetings and monitor the security and settings of various forums.
- Coordinate and keep abreast of SAP security/protection decisions and guidance across DON and DoD to ensure alignment and horizontal protection of SAR activities.