This position will require presence in a professional office setting in Springfield, VA for 8 hour days, 5 days per week, Mon – Fri.
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in developing, managing, and reviewing executive-level documentation including reports, whitepapers, proposals, or briefings and technical documentation.
- Candidate must have ability to communicate effectively and with courteous professionalism while providing customer support.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
- Exceptional editing, proofreading, and page composition skills, technical reporting, collaboration, excellent computer and word processing skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must be cleared at a TS/SCI security level.
BA/BS in Journalism, English, or a related field. 6 years of work experience in a related field is an acceptable equivalent.
Additional Experience Desired:
The following additional experience is desirable and may help the candidate excel within the position:
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of technical topics and the U.S. Navy in general.
- Experience as a technical writer.
- Experience with desktop publishing, multimedia production, and online documentation software.
- Experience with editorial guidelines.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and handle pressure.
- Strong attention to detail; time management; and
- Knowledge of classified networks.