CSCI is seeking a well qualified and self-motivated Network Systems Engineer 4 to support a Department of Defense (DoD) customer located in Stafford, Virginia. The candidate must have a strong understanding of information technology network engineering. The candidate must be well versed in installation, configuration and maintenance of a variety of routers, switches, and other Layer 2 technologies, and must be able to perform general support of LAN/MAN/WAN systems. In addition, the individual must have good knowledge of general security methodologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and access control lists.
The candidate will be be responsible for the following:
- Administer, install, secure, maintain, and support local and wide area networking, communications, and related software/hardware within a multi-platform operating environment.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain SolarWinds Network Monitoring Systems network applications to support operations at the client site.
- Evaluate, test, deploy, and support hardware and software requirements within the environment.
- Create and maintain users accounts and system security plans on systems within the environment.
- Evaluate and recommend systems, systems security, network, and network security policies, and enforce applicable security procedures.
- Identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance using software and hardware tools; provide recommendations to enhance/improve network performance and security.
- Provide quality assurance review and evaluation of new and existing networking products.
- Manage network communications engineering, testing, installation, and support, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems and create/implement router and switch configurations.
Seven (7) years of experience providing network engineering, network administration, enterprise boundary management.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Sciences and five (5) years related experience – OR – successful completion of certified Tech/Voc school and comparable Department of Defense specialized training, plus seven (7) years of directly related, progressively complex experience.
DoD Secret Clearance with TS/SCI Eligibility, Cisco CCNA or CCNP (R&S or Security) Certification, CompTIA Security+ CE, Experience with MS Office Products, Experience with Network Security and Information Assurance application and maintenance (STIGs, vulnerability remediation, etc.) Required. IAT Level II Certification Desired.
Requirements - US Citizen / Secret Clearances
Applicants are required to have, at a minimum, a SECRET and are eligible for a TOP SECRET (TS) clearance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CSCI stands in support of equality for and advancement of all people based solely upon the merits of abilities and actions alone, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.