CSCI is seeking a qualified and self-motivated individual with detailed security knowledge and experience with the applicable Government regulations, directives, instructions, manuals and laws for Information Security, Personnel Security, Physical Security, and Information Assurance. The candidate requires necessary security experience and knowledge of the applicable Government regulations, directives, instructions, manuals and laws for compartmented environments, OPSEC and COMSEC; requires expertise and knowledge of Security Education and Training requirements to include public speaking/briefing skills; requires understanding of SCI, SAP and COMSEC (i.e., STE and Secure FAX) devices, their handling and operation; requires understanding of contracting process and DD 254s; requires sound verbal and written communications skills; requires office, administrative and organizational skills; and requires intermediate computer skills and experience with Windows OS, Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Reader and and other security-related software.
- Perform assigned duties using established policies and procedures and work with minimal supervision from Team Leader;
- Perform the duties of a Document Control Clerk and Personnel Security Clerk;
- Perform the functions of a COMSEC Custodian; perform Information Assurance duties in consonance with IAM/IAO; assist with the management of the OPSEC program;
- Maintain the physical security controls and accreditation of the facility; properly operate and maintain primary COMSEC devices (i.e., STU III, STE, Secure FAX);
- Perform Courier duties – as required;
- Perform Escort duties – as needed;
- Review security policies/procedures for currency/relevancy and provide input for updating or re-writing;
- Perform initial and annual security briefings, refresher briefings and debriefings;
- Perform other Security or Administrative duties; handle personal, confidential and Privacy Act information professionally; and
- Assist with the development and mentoring of entry, junior, and intermediate level employees.
A minimum of five (5) years of professional Industrial or Federal Government security experience. Security experience in Department of Defense (DoD) environments preferred.
AA/AS or equivalent experience in a security or business related field required. BA or BS in a security or business related field preferred.
COMSEC Responsible Officer Training Course October 2017, Basic Information Security, Department of Defense Personnel Security Adjudicator Course, Marking Classified Information, Derivative Classification Course, and Personnel Security for Customized Adjudication.
Requirements - US Citizen / TS Clearances
Applicants are required to have, at a minimum, a TOP SECRET (TS) clearances with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CSCI stands in support of equality for and advancement of all people based solely upon the merits of abilities and actions alone, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.