CSCI is seeking a well-qualified and self-motivated System Administrator 3 to support a Department of Defense (DoD) customer. All candidates require experience implementing and supporting Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) for Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems. Experience managing and implementing STIG configurations of Cisco switches are also required.
- Provide technical support and customer service to a unique military and civil service customer base.
- Perform SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC) scans to ensure configurations are in accordance with latest DISA STIGs.
- Perform Nessus Security scans to ensure all known vulnerabilities are mitigated or documented within a system Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M).
- Ensure all Integrity, Availability, and Confidentiality controls maintain in compliance by following and executing the system Continuous Monitoring Plan.
- Provide training to new users on the system.
- Maintain and periodically test system backups.
- Provide System Administration to Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows mixed environment.
- Interface with external entities in regards to maintaining the Authorization of the existing infrastructure.
Requires 5-8 years in Information Technology or Cyber Security environment supporting the Department of Defense.
BA/BS or AA/AS in Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related discipline.
DoD 8570 Compliance. IAT Level II or above Certification (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, CASP, CISA, CISSP, GCIH, and/or GCED) desired.
Requirements - US Citizen / TS Clearances
Applicants are required to have, at a minimum, a TOP SECRET (TS) clearances with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years. Applicants selected must be willing to submit to an initial and random counter-intelligence polygraph.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CSCI stands in support of equality for and advancement of all people based solely upon the merits of abilities and actions alone, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.